The infrastructure of metro line M3 will be reconstructed in three phases. The schedule of the works is as follows:
– Northern section, between Újpest-központ and Lehel tér stations,
– Middle section, between Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér stations,
– Southern section, between Nagyvárad tér and Kőbánya-Kispest stations.
Following the completion of the three phases, the Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér stations will be reconstructed.
The modernization started on November 6, 2017 on the northern section of the line, between Újpest-központ - Lehel tér stations. At the renewed stations (Újpest-központ, Újpest-városkapu, Gyöngyösi utca, Forgách utca, Göncz Árpád városközpont, Dózsa György út) passenger traffic resumed on March 30, 2019.
Reconstruction of the southern section of the line - between Népliget – Kőbánya-Kispest stations - started on April 6, 2019. The Népliget, Ecseri út, Pöttyös utca, Határ út, Kőbánya-Kispest stations were reopened to passengers on October 22, 2020.
Reconstruction of the middle section - between Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér stations - started already before the handover of the southern section. The reconstruction will take place in the following phases:
– On March 7, 2020, the metro stations of Arany János utca and Ferenciek tere were closed.
– On 11 July 2020, reconstruction work also began at the Semmelweis Klinikák and Corvin-negyed metro stations.
– On November 7, 2020, closure of the section between Nyugati pályaudvar and Semmelweis Klinikák stations. Metro replacement buses serve the closed section between Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér stations.
The handover of the whole section of metro line M3 to passenger traffic is planned for the end of 2022.
We constantly provide information about the reconstruction and the progress of the works, you can also get information about the traffic changes, traffic organization, metro replacement services on the related page of BKK.