The reconstruction of the infrastructure of metro line M3 happens in three stages. The schedule of the works is the following:
– Northern section between Újpest-központ and Lehel tér metro stations,
– Middle section between Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér metro stations,
– Southern section between Nagyvárad tér and Kőbánya-Kispest metro stations.
After the completion of these three stages, the Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér metro stations will be renewed.
Reconstruction works began on November 6, 2017 at the northern section of the line, between Újpest-központ and Lehel tér metro stations. These works are taking place at full closure, while on the other sections subway cars run in limited operation. In the renewed stations - Újpest-központ, Újpest-városkapu, Gyöngyösi utca, Forgách utca, Árpád híd, Dózsa György út - passenger traffic restarted on the section on 30th of March 2019.
At the same time as the renewal of the northern section happens, the modernization of the entire tunnel system has begun, so at the middle and the southern sections require a longer night break, which means that, outside peak times - the last train departs at Lehel tér metro station at 8:30 PM - replacement buses transport passengers on the whole section of metro line M3. On weekends the whole line is closed, passengers can reach their destinations by replacement buses.
The public procurement procedure for the renovation of the southern section was completed and the contract was signed with the successful enterpreneur on 15 February 2019. Works began on the 6th of April 2019 and expected to be finished in 2020 Q3.
Following the successful public procurement procedure, a contract for the renovation of the mid-section stations was signed on the 27th of November 2019. The reconstruction of the middle section begins before the handover of the southern section, and will be completed in 4 phases, following the planned schedule:
– March 2020: The closure of Arany János utca and Ferenciek tere metro stations. Subway trains pass through stations without stopping. Subway replacement will take effect by increasing the number of the different services in the area and extending their routes.
– July 2020: The closure of Corvin-negyed and Semmelweis Klinikák metro stations. Subway trains pass through stations without stopping. Station replacement services will help the passengers for reaching their destinations.
– November 2020: The closure of the section between Nyugati pályaudvar and Semmelweis Klinikák metro stations. Metro replacement buses transport passengers between Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér stations.
– March 2022: The opening of Kálvin tér, Corvin-negyed, Semmelweis Klininák metro stations. Closure of Dózsa György út, Lehel tér and Nagyvárad tér stations. The Dózsa György út metro station will be closed again due to the planned installation of the elevators. Metro replacement services will run between Göncz Árpád városközpont and Kálvin tér metro stations.
The handover of metro line M3 to passengers is expected at the end of 2022.
We provide continous information about the reconstruction works.
For more information click on THIS link.